Where: UC Santa Cruz
What: Under the direct supervision of the Library IT Manager, the Library IT Support Technician supports the public computing environments in the UCSC Libraries. In addition, the position supports administrative workstations and specialized IT solutions within the library. The Library IT Support Technician engages with administrative staff, students, faculty and the general public in support of Library IT operations. This position is part of the ITS division and shall also work on efforts outside the scope of Library IT Operations where needs, capacity and skill-sets align.
Required Skills of Note:
- Thorough knowledge and experience supporting Macintosh and / or Windows operating systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple priorities, frequent interruptions and competing demands.
- Experience supporting standard productivity software and functionality such as MS-Office, e-mail clients, Google apps, local and network printing.
- Experience working with central management tools for the deployment and maintenance of distributed computing environment.
Job Posted: 2/27/2017
First Review Deadline: 3/14/2017