Where: Argosy University – San Francisco (Alameda) – Alameda, CA
What: The Learner Support Specialist (LSS) manages the Argosy University Information Commons (the Library), and works to ensure that the Information Commons functions properly. Duties include the following:
- Assist students, faculty and staff in the use of resources, supports academic information technology needs.
- Act as the test administrator for the campus (administer academic technology test, and other tests as needed), and may also assist in progress advising.
- Provide academic technology instruction support, as well as teach on-campus computer skills both through formalized workshops and informal help desk inquires.
- Assist students with research and provide writing assistance (act in a tutoring capacity).
- Coordinate campus based information needs, including student and faculty training, basic interlibrary loan and book check-out
- Maintain periodicals and keeps track of receipt, as well as suggest periodical additions and deletions in the annual renewal process.
- Maintain Information Commons in an orderly manner; perform regular inventory and weeds materials when needed or when scheduled to do so.
- Conduct special information-related projects as assigned
Required Skills of Note: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Posted: 5/04/2017
First Review Deadline: X