Where: Mechanic’s Institute – San Francisco, CA
What: The Mechanics’ Institute seeks a membership professional to build on the recent successes and new energy of this unique San Francisco institution. Reporting to the Development Director, the Membership Manager is responsible for planning and implementing membership development strategies to achieve annual goals for engaging and retaining members. The ideal candidate enjoys working with people, is detail oriented, and has experience with membership marketing, renewal and acquisition campaigns, reporting, and budget management in a non-profit environment. This is a great opportunity for an individual to deepen and expand how members and potential members can be part of this San Francisco treasure.
Skills of Note:
- Demonstrated experience with membership program development.
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to communicate with members, donors, staff, and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing and communications. Graphic design skills and familiarity with Constant Contact are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with database management.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A commitment and ability to work with consistent accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytic, and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work occasional evenings for events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.