Where: Main Campus UC Berkeley – Berkeley, CA
What: This position provides circulation and student supervision for the Earth Sciences & Map Library. The Circulation/Reserves Supervisor will:
- Manage the circulation operations of the Earth Sciences & Map Library.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise part-time circulation student employees.
- Ensure that shelving, shelf-reading, map drawer reading, stacks shifts, sweeps, and searches are performed in a timely manner.
- Create, modify, and implement circulation procedures.
- Prepare materials for course reserve.
- Assist patrons with circulation and common reference questions and monitor departmental email address.
- Process orders and payments for the map scanning service.
- Represent the Library at Circulation Services Group meetings.
Required Skills of Note:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training.
- Recent and effective supervisory or work leader experience (which may include hiring, training, coaching, delegating, evaluating, and motivating student employees)
- Experience providing circulation services or other customer service.
- Experience with online catalogs.
- Ability to learn quickly and perform tasks independently.
- Ability to perform work accurately.
- Ability to work as a positive and productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain composure and consistent work performance under pressure while exhibiting courtesy at all times.
- Problem solving skills.
Job Posted: 5/19/2017
First Review Deadline: 6/01/2017