Where: Lighthouse Community Charter School – Oakland, CA
- Organize and maintain the routine operation of a school library media center; receive, process, circulate and shelve print and non-print materials.
- Select and read books to the elementary classes. Point out new and interesting books to the middle and high school classes.
- Maintain an orderly arrangement of materials on the shelves.
- Regularly tidy the library, including cleaning the shelves, tables, and other surfaces.
- Teach students basic information skills including the use of the library online catalog and reference sources.
- Prepare and send overdue notices as required; assist in locating lost books.
- Inspect books and periodicals for damage and perform repairs as necessary.
- Maintain routine records and files related to library activities including circulation of books and lost books; assist in inventory activities as required.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of adult volunteers and student helpers.
- Create displays to promote books, authors, holidays, and monthly heritage themes.
- Maintain the orderly behavior of students using the library.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills of Note:
- Experience threshold: Prefer one (1) year of school-based or other related work experience. Knowledge of library resources and databases preferred.
- Education threshold: Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved GED Testing Program. Some college preferred but not required.
Job Posted: 6/05/2017
First Review Deadline: 6/30/2017